According to a news article based around a national survey by a conveyancing company, here are the top three things people loved most about the homes they bought.
And in our experience, people in Salcombe and the surrounding area get passionate about the same things.
1) A lovely location. 58% of those surveyed said that being near good schools, transport links and shopping options was what they wanted most.
2) A price worth paying. People love properties that represent great value to them. Don’t confuse this with a ‘cheap’ price as that’s often driven by mistaken lust for a ‘bargain’, not true love. 37% of those surveyed thought this made for a special relationship.
3) A gorgeous garden. The great outdoors sparked more than 28% of people to declare amour for their home.
And 1% of people swooned over the street name when buying a place.
But the opposite of love is hate, and the survey also asked people what turned them off properties they’d viewed with an eye to buy.
1) Lacklustre location. 43% of people just didn’t fancy where it was.
2) The price was too high – 40% of those surveyed said overvaluations turned them off, big time.
3) Looks – Beauty is more than skin deep in successful relationships, but when it comes to the interior of a prospective home, 34% of people wanted to look at something they found visually attractive.
At Harriet George, I do all I can to deliver a service and level of attention people fall head over heels for.
I love what I do and am passionate about serving the community in the Salcombe and surrounding area. So, if you have any property related questions please get in touch.
If you found this article interesting please share it on social media and tag a friend or forward it to them.
Harriet George – Matching people with property
Want to know how to choose an estate agent? Read my guide here
View the properties that Harriet George currently has on the market here